Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Starting a course of Father Jacks FEC

After my brain tumour swear words tumbled out of my mouth like a waterfall. Following a period of grace Mr H said

Dawn you are worse than Father Jack, this needs to stop...

But B*****, S*** and F*** continued to slip from my grasp. 

Then my nephew told me the first swear word he learnt, when he was two, was from me when I dropped scissors onto the floor and I realised this was not new...just worse than before.

I retrained my brain to replace B*****, S*** and F*** with sugar! Or oh...then I held my breath...

But when the oncologist told me that the course of chemotherapy I would need was called FEC 

I couldn't keep a smirk from my lips. 

Permission to swear!


Mrs Doyle: Who's for tea?
Father Jack: Tea?! Feck!
Mrs Doyle: Now... (pouring Jack a cup of tea) ... and what do you say to a cup?
Father Jack: Feck off, cup!


Father Ted is a sitcom that was produced by Hat Trick Productions, written jointly by Irish writers and starring a predominantly Irish cast, from 21 April 1995 until 1 May 1998.
Set on the fictional Craggy Island, a remote location off Ireland's west coast, the show starred the eponymous Father Ted Crilly alongside fellow priests Father Dougal McGuire and Father Jack Hackett. Exiled on the island for various past incidents, the priests live together in the parochial house with their housekeeper Mrs Doyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment