Because I went to London for the day.
The special event was Mr H's Graduation (that's the G for today) for his Masters degree with a DISTINCTION. I planned the day down to loo stop detail in the hope that Mr Fatigue would not start chewing too early:
- Got a mid morning train - not too much waiting around.
- Organised assistance at the train station - London Paddington is brilliant for this, I love the buggy and how we pass others who wait to find out which platform they need.
- My Sister and Niece came with us - only told them they were my assistants once we were there!
- Took Taxis in London - we saw some of the sights which we would never have seen in the underground.
- Planned lunch in a quiet restaurant right by Imperial College - too much noise drives me mad.
We approached the venue where Mr H celebrates his momentous achievement, heads moving slowly from side to side in awe of the building standing pompously before us.
Like a hungry shark, I snapped away with my camera...
We wandered around in a circle to admire the Albert Hall before another sit down in its cafe; I was the only one captured in action...cream tea; don't mind if I do.
As Mr H was settled in his seat in the stalls, we sat above on the level with no steps, but behind other people so I stood to spy him below. They said no clapping between graduates but when Mr H got up on stage, like football supporters we clapped and whooped; his grin widened. He deserved it for all his hard work!
One very proud wife.
Today I have cancelled my dip in the baby pool, in the hope that tomorrow Mr Fatigue will loosen his grip.